[Nepomuk] NAO::Symbols and ResourceWatcher

Sebastian Trüg sebastian at trueg.de
Mon Apr 30 12:05:15 UTC 2012

On 04/27/2012 01:51 PM, David Narvaez wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM, David Narvaez
> <david.narvaez at computer.org> wrote:
>> so I guess it is very possible that properties are loaded by parts.
>> The question then was how to know when to query again for symbols, so
>> I tried setting up a ResourceWatcher yet it doesn't seem to be
>> signaling when the hasSymbol property changes:
>>
>> connect(m_nepomukResourceWatcher,
>>
>> SIGNAL(propertyAdded(Nepomuk::Resource,Nepomuk::Types::Property,QVariant)),
>> this, SLOT(nepomukOnline()));
>>
>> m_nepomukResourceWatcher->addProperty(Nepomuk::Vocabulary::NAO::hasSymbol());
>> m_nepomukResourceWatcher->start();
>>
>> m_nepomukResourceWatcher->addResource(res);
>
> Hmm, my guess is this will only notify me of changes through Nepomuk's
> frontend but not from the backend (Soprano?), am I right? If so, then
> the question is how to know when Soprano finds the missing properties.
> Any ideas?

If there is still code not going through the Nepomuk frontend it must be
treated as a bug. All data manipulation has to go through
Nepomuk::Resource or the Nepomuk datamanagement API (addProperty,
removeProperty, storeResources, etc).

I have a branch here with a lot of RW fixes. I did not merge it yet
because it still misses some testing. I will try to get that merged
today. Maybe that fixes your problems already.