[Nepomuk] Nepoogle, ssh and Segmentation fault

Ignacio Serantes kde at aynoa.net
Mon Apr 30 10:54:34 UTC 2012

Hi,

Since KDE 4.8.1 the call to Nepomuk.Resource() over a ssh connection is
crashing with a segmentation fault, a D-Bus issue?. This is a problem to me
because Nepoogle it's not working anymore in ssh sessions.

I developed a workaround using a class named cResource, a read only
Nepomuk.Resorce() I developed in python time ago, so problem is solved
except for one point, the resourceType() property. API documentation is the
next:

Nepomuk<http://api.kde.org/4.8-api/kdelibs-apidocs/nepomuk/html/namespaceNepomuk.html>
tries
hard to make this the type furthest down the hierarchy. In case the
resource has only one type, this is no problem. However, if the resource
has multiple types from different type hierarchies, there is no guarantee
which one will be used here.

here is the link:
http://api.kde.org/4.8-api/kdalgorithelibs-apidocs/nepomuk/html/classNepomuk_1_1Resource.html#af1d04d4eed2a0d5e1f4a496d6259b31f<http://api.kde.org/4.8-api/kdelibs-apidocs/nepomuk/html/classNepomuk_1_1Resource.html#af1d04d4eed2a0d5e1f4a496d6259b31f>

I looked for this code in Nepomuk source code but I can't found it so any
help locating this code would be appreciated.

I'm actually using my own guess but I prefer to port original algorithm to
python.

If someone wants to fix this bug it's easy to reproduce:

   1. Download Nepoogle if it's not installed, a version minor or equal to
   0.9.1 is required.
   2. Start a ssh session, a localhost session is valid.
   3. Execute a query using Nepoogle.

--
Best wishes,
Ignacio