[Nepomuk] Indexer

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Apr 16 19:01:45 UTC 2012

As I said, I have nothing against it being a separate process, just
that it needs to be started for each file. A normal producer-consumer
pattern when consumer instantiating is expensive.

As you know, there were (still are?) plans to have an option to have
an option for KIOs to be in-process for the embedded devices because
process starting can be very expensive on those. (not that it is
cost-free on normal systems)

> manually run nepomukindexer. That being said, I'm open to taking the input
> files via stdin as long as it still works in the current way.

Everything would remain the same, just faster :)

I meant status as in /return value to the caller/ not debugging output.

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard