[Nepomuk] Who relies on Soprano::Model::statement[s]Added|Removed signals?

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Fri Sep 30 11:36:22 UTC 2011

Hi lists,

with frameworks in the building and Nepomuk probably going that
direction already for 4.8 I would like to clean up a bit. One of these
cleanup tasks targets the Soprano::Model statement signals. So far these
were the only way to get informed about changes in Nepomuk - with a very
bad impact on performance and bad usability.
With 4.7 we already introduced a preliminary version of the
Nepomuk::ResourceWatcher[1] which is now in charge of informing clients
about changes.
I would like to anyone using the "old" API to change to the new
ResourceWatcher as soon as possible because I would like to disable the
old signals soon. They simply entail to many problems and clutter the API.

[1] Funnily enough only the docs for the copy in Akonadi is online at
the moment:
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdepim-runtime-apidocs/agents/html/classNepomuk_1_1ResourceWatcher.html