[Nepomuk] About MERGING FAILED errors in nempomukserver

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Sun Sep 25 02:20:38 UTC 2011

Hi, sorry for the caps in the title,

I want to start taking a closer look at Nepomuk to help with bugfixes
and improvements, so I started by taking a look at my nepomukserver
output when running it from the console. I noticed I was constantly
getting messages saying merge failed and some problem with the
arguments (see the example below). My question is if that's a regular
scenario or something I should look at solving/bug reporting.

Thanks in advance.

[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukstorage(17851)/nepomuk (storage service)
Nepomuk::DataManagementModel::storeResources:  MERGING FAILED!
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukstorage(17851)/nepomuk (storage service)
Nepomuk::DataManagementModel::storeResources: Setting error! "Invalid argument
(1)": "<http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nfo#characterCount>
has a rdfs:domain of
<http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nfo#TextDocument>. <_:yc>
only has the following types