[Nepomuk] Property range inconsistency

Sebastian Trüg sebastian at trueg.de
Mon Sep 5 16:56:54 UTC 2011

Hi Simon,

CC'ing nepomuk at kde.org since that is where ontology related stuff is
discussed (if there is no ticket).

On 09/05/2011 06:41 PM, Simon Scerri wrote:
> While having a look at the ontology elements that have been introduced
> since Nepomuk, Keith has noticed the following apparent inconsistencies.
>

> NEXIF:
>
> - nexif:pixelXDimension. Current range is xsd:string, whereas
> nexif:pixelYDimension points to xsd:integer
>
> - nexif:relatedImageWidth. Current range is xsd:string, whereas
> nexif:relatedImageLength points to xsd:integer

Most ranges in NExif are string and, thus, broken. I did not find the
mental energy to fix those yet. But they have been broken from the very
beginning. I would be very grateful for any patches fixing some of the
ranges (just create a ticket and I will approve or even push it or if
you do not have an SF account yet just send me the patch and I do the rest.)

> PIMO:
>
> -pimo:duration. Is there a valid reason why the current range is
> rdf:Resource rather than xsd:duration?

No idea. This is still from the "olden" days. CC'ing Leo for this one.
xsd:duration seems the more logical choice indeed.

> If there are no explanations for the above, we can initiate
> corresponding tickets.

Cool, thanks. :)