[Nepomuk] CMake for Nepomuk in 5.0

Artem Serebriyskiy v.for.vandal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 21:28:23 UTC 2011

Well, as we now have several repositories and libraries, it should be
NepomuCoreConfig.cmake
NepomukUiConfig.cmake
NepomukSomeOtherModule.cmake and so on

and this may result in code like
find_package(NepomukUI) // Implies finding NepomukCore
find_package(
NepomukSomeOtherModule) // Implies finding NepomukCore, but doesn't imply
finding NepomukUI, so we need previous line

Good things is that we can request specific versions for every library( aka
module) and so on. Bad things, as for me, are that when number of modules
more then 3, the code looks dirty - I personally would prefer one
find_package with COMPONENTS in such situation rather then 4 lines with
find_package..

Anyway, currently there are only 2 main modules( aka libraries) so it is not
the case.

CMake scripting is no problem for me, so I think we can/should choose
variant that best fits our needs and offer good interface for the programmes
using Nepomuk,  and I will implement it( if necessary, of course).

P.S. If you are concerned about internals of the script, then current draft
implementation just loads Nepomuk<ModuleName>Config.cmake for every
requested component by itself. The question is mainly about interface for
the Nepomuk-using programmers.

P.P.S. Sorry, forget to send to mailing list.

--
Sincerely yours,
Artem Serebriyskiy