[Nepomuk] Duplicate resources because of using different sources and creators/performers

Ignacio Serantes kde at aynoa.net
Mon Oct 17 16:08:04 UTC 2011

Hi,

Finally I got it to work. Seems like the problem was the step where I copy
files and until I got files to be installed in the correct path don't
works..., working with C++ is funny o_O. Before I could test the patch using
xmlindexer.

I found a minor problem and I add a review in
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102862/

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org> wrote:

> On 10/15/2011 09:48 PM, Ignacio Serantes wrote:
> > It's not working. This is my first time doing something like this so
> > probably I done some kind of mistake. This are the steps I follow:
> >
> > 1) git clone git://anongit.kde.org/libstreamanalyzer
> > <http://anongit.kde.org/libstreamanalyzer>
> > 2) patch -p1 < 1.diff (1.diff was obtained in
> > https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102862/)
> > 3) mkdir build && cd build && cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config
> > --prefix` .. && make && sudo make install
> > 4) Some files are installed in /usr/lib/strigi so I moved to
> > /usr/lib64/strigi because there is the place where there are in my
> system.
> > 5) Stop Nepomuk
> > 6) killall -3 nepomukserver
> > 7) nepomukserver
>
> there is actually no need to restart anything for a new indexer lib to
> be used.
>
> > 8) Select only one artist directory to index and start nepomuk.
>
> Instead just run "nepomukindexer" on the files in question manually.
>
> > 9) Wait until strigi stops indexing and do a couple of searches:
>
> Be aware that unless the mtime changes to files are updated. So we are
> back to calling nepomukindexer manually. :)
>
> Cheers,
> Sebastian
>
> --
Best wishes,