[Nepomuk] general questions: virtuoso-t & nepomukstorage, desktopsearch

Ignacio Serantes kde at aynoa.net
Fri Oct 14 08:50:12 UTC 2011

That's how I made it work:

1) ps aux | grep virtuoso
2) open the configuration file, /tmp/virtuoso_y10594.ini in my case, and
search form ServerPort configuration value. In my case 1121.
3) Create (or edit) in $HOME a file called "*.odbc.ini*" and add the next:

*[ODBC Data Sources]*
*Virtuoso = Virtuoso*
*
*
*[Virtuoso]*
*Driver      = /usr/lib64/virtodbc.so*
*Address     = localhost:1121*
*
*
obviously the port must be your port and driver must point to your driver
location.
4) isql Virtuoso dba dba

and that's ok.
In my system, an openSUSE 11.4, default isql don't works and I must use
another version available at:
*/usr/lib64/virtuoso/isql*

Seems like the problem was a unconfigured DNS.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Matthias Lechner <
mat.lechner at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> > It would be interesting to know if the indexing of all files has
> > finished. If virtuoso is spiking we could debug the issue by logging
> > into the db:
> >
> > isql localhost:1111 dba dba
> As with Ignacio, this does not work for me either, although I checked the
> port
> number to be 1111. In verbose mode, the command gives:
>
> mat at thinkpad:~$ sudo isql -v localhost:1111 dba dba
> [IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default
> driver specified
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
> mat at thinkpad:~$
>
> Any ideas?
>

> > Another important issue are the versions of everything: kde, strigi,
> > akonadi.
>
> KDE 4.7.1, akonadi 1.6
>
> I actually do not have strigi-daemon installed, since I thought that
> nepomuk
> has its own "version" of it (at least that's how I understood your blog
> post:
>
> http://trueg.wordpress.com/2011/09/22/about-strigi-soprano-virtuoso-clucene-
> and-libstreamanalyzer/ ).
>
> > I have a patch which introduces exactly that functionality as a hidden
> > config option. Sadly I cannot test it due to some weird linker problem I
> > cannot figure out.
> > But I attached the patch in case you want to give it a try. It applies
> > in kde-runtime/nepomuk. You need to add "debug mode=true" to
> > ~/.kde/share/config/nepomukstrigirc for it to work. Then failures are
> > written to ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/file-indexer-error-log
> Thanks for adding the patch! Unfortunately, I haven't got enough spare time
> check it out at the moment :(
>
> Anyway, thank you very much for helping me with this problem!
> Regards,
> Mat

Best wishes,
Ignacio