[Nepomuk] general questions: virtuoso-t & nepomukstorage, desktopsearch

Matthias Lechner mat.lechner at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:16:41 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I have three questions concerning the everyday use of nepomuk and strigi-
indexer:

1. Regularly (every 15 minutes or so), virtuoso-t and nepomukservicestub
nepomukstorage are consuming all the CPU for several seconds, causing a
noticeable lag in the system (although they seem to be running with nice 19).
Is that behaviour intended (like a regular scan or something similar)? If yes,
what happens there and how can I adjust it?

2. If I want to look for a directory or file using the nepomuk-desktopsearch
plugin in krunner, some files/directories are found and some not. Is there a
way how I can troubleshoot this? Maybe list of indexed files, or index
protocols?

3. When I use the krunner desktopsearch, I mostly want to look for files, not
mail. However, most of the results are emails, since most words I am searching
for are contained in probably 30 mails. Is there a way to limit the search to
files only?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Regards,
Mat