[Nepomuk] indexing errors in Nepomuk output, indexing crashes

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Wed Nov 30 17:01:24 UTC 2011

On 11/29/2011 06:31 AM, S Page wrote:
> I followed http://kdeatopensuse.wordpress.com/2011/11/09/debugging-nepomukvirtuosos-cpu-usage/
> to run nepomukserver in a console
>
> When I updated Strigi's index folders to index some NTFS directories,
> I got some odd debug output and two crashes.
>

> 1. I get a ton of these every time I update System Settings > Desktop
> Search > Desktop index folders > Customize index folders… > Strigi
> Index Folders :
>     [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukfilewatch(28007)/nepomuk
> (filewatch service) KInotify::slotEvent: "/·#" EventIgnored
>     [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukfilewatch(28007)/nepomuk
> (filewatch service) KInotify::slotEvent: "/." EventIgnored
>         ^^ another line for each of dozens of special characters.

I get these, too. I did not investigate that further yet as it seemed to
me that they did not have any real impact on anything. But it is on my
ToDO list (what isnt?)

> 2.
>     [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukindexer(2540)/nepomuk (strigi
> service) Nepomuk::clearIndexedData:
> (QUrl("file:///mnt/WindowsXPdrive/Documents and Settings/S Page/My
> Documents/p/diary/Rondena_stereo.wav") )
>     [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(27988)"
> Soprano: "Invalid argument (1)": "Cannot set values for abstract
> property 'http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/nfo#bitsPerSample'.
>
> I can reproduce this by running `nepomukindexer path/to/file.wav` I
> get it on other .wav files. What's strange is in Dolphin, the
> Information panel shows "Bits per sample: 24"

Which version of shared-desktop-ontologies are you using?

> 3.
>     [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(27988)"
> Soprano: "Invalid argument (1)": "Unknown protocol '' encountered in
> hellowin.h"
>     [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukindexer(2610)/nepomuk
> (storage service)
> Nepomuk::GenericDataManagementJob::slotDBusCallFinished:
> QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs", "Unknown protocol
> '' encountered in hellowin.h")
>     [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukindexer(2610)/nepomuk (strigi
> service) Nepomuk::StrigiIndexWriter::finishAnalysis: "Unknown protocol
> '' encountered in hellowin.h"

This is the strigi indexer producing invalid data. This has been "fixed"
recently. Compare bug 278593.

> 4.
> "nepomukindexer dumped core indexing Firefox update file". I filed
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kde-runtime/+bug/896456>

This might be fixed in libstreamanalyzer master. Could you test that?

> 5.
> I've got an Outlook message with a calendar.ics attachment that
> reproduceably crashes both nepomukindexer and xmlindexer in
> icalparser_string_line_generator(). I filed
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kde-runtime/+bug/897529> ,
> the offending message is attached.

This is interesting. This is a crash in a libstreamanalyzer plugin which
is part of kdepim. So a bug report against some pim component might be
in order - but which I am not sure...