[Nepomuk] indexing errors in Nepomuk output, indexing crashes

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 05:31:09 UTC 2011

I followed http://kdeatopensuse.wordpress.com/2011/11/09/debugging-nepomukvirtuosos-cpu-usage/
to run nepomukserver in a console

When I updated Strigi's index folders to index some NTFS directories,
I got some odd debug output and two crashes.

1. I get a ton of these every time I update System Settings > Desktop
Search > Desktop index folders > Customize index folders… > Strigi
Index Folders :
    [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukfilewatch(28007)/nepomuk
(filewatch service) KInotify::slotEvent: "/·#" EventIgnored
    [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukfilewatch(28007)/nepomuk
(filewatch service) KInotify::slotEvent: "/." EventIgnored
        ^^ another line for each of dozens of special characters.

2.
    [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukindexer(2540)/nepomuk (strigi
service) Nepomuk::clearIndexedData:
(QUrl("file:///mnt/WindowsXPdrive/Documents and Settings/S Page/My
Documents/p/diary/Rondena_stereo.wav") )
    [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(27988)"
Soprano: "Invalid argument (1)": "Cannot set values for abstract
property 'http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/nfo#bitsPerSample'.

I can reproduce this by running `nepomukindexer path/to/file.wav` I
get it on other .wav files. What's strange is in Dolphin, the
Information panel shows "Bits per sample: 24"

3.
    [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(27988)"
Soprano: "Invalid argument (1)": "Unknown protocol '' encountered in
hellowin.h"
    [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukindexer(2610)/nepomuk
(storage service)
Nepomuk::GenericDataManagementJob::slotDBusCallFinished:
QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs", "Unknown protocol
'' encountered in hellowin.h")
    [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukindexer(2610)/nepomuk (strigi
service) Nepomuk::StrigiIndexWriter::finishAnalysis: "Unknown protocol
'' encountered in hellowin.h"

4.
"nepomukindexer dumped core indexing Firefox update file". I filed
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kde-runtime/+bug/896456>

5.
I've got an Outlook message with a calendar.ics attachment that
reproduceably crashes both nepomukindexer and xmlindexer in
icalparser_string_line_generator(). I filed
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kde-runtime/+bug/897529> ,
the offending message is attached.

--
=S Page