[Nepomuk] Some PDF files not content indexed

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 01:25:01 UTC 2011

In the Dolphin file manager, if you select one of these files does the
Information panel show "Created at" and "Has hash"?  Apparently their
absence indicates the file hasn't been indexed.This happened to me and
it turned out I was selecting folders in a symlink, and Strigi doesn't
follow symlinks. [1]  Try putting a simple testfile.txt containing a
rare word in the same directory.

Do you have PDF documents elsewhere that are indexed? If so, maybe you
could see if there's any difference in the output when you run
`xmlindexer path/to/file.pdf` on the PDFs.

Hope these ideas help.

(I added these tidbits to http://userbase.kde.org/Nepomuk , and am
thinking about a Troubleshooting section. Disclaimer: I don't know
anything about anything.)

--
=S Page