[Nepomuk] Some PDF files not content indexed

Rick Kunath k9ao at charter.net
Mon Nov 28 02:09:08 UTC 2011

This is Mandriva 2011.0 and KDE 4.6.5

I do have some pdf files that have their text content properly indexed.

However, others are not. I have a collection of old magazine pdf files that
never get their content indexed. The Linux version of Adobe Reader can search
text inside these, but they never get indexed.

There does not appear to be anything odd about the files that I can see. And M$
desktop search indexes text inside these on another partition, so I would
think they are search-able.

I have unchecked the directory that these reside in, then re-checked it in the
search folders setup, and saw it get crawled again. But no text inside of
these files is ever delivered in the search results for words known to be
contained in these files.

I don't know how to go about providing some usable information to see what it
might be about these particular files that is preventing them from being
indexed. And I'd like to get the contents of these available in searches.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Rick Kunath