[Nepomuk] Zeitgeist Event Ontology Proposal

Seif Lotfy seif at lotfy.com
Sat May 7 01:57:48 CEST 2011

Hey guys,
We are releasing the 0.8 series of Zeitgeist and we did some minor
modifications to our event ontology.
Zeitgeist Engine uses the Nepomuk ontology to describe our Subjects while
Events are described using a home grown ontology.
In the spirit of collaboration we would like to propose our ontology [1] to
be used by Nepomuk if possible. This will allow us to experiment easier and
store events into the Nepomuk storage using extensions. In the case of it
being refused collaboration is still possible. We could help you shape up an
event ontology for Nepomuk. This however will mean that for us to store
stuff into Nepomuk we will resort to mapping our ontology to your ontology
in an extension, while keeping Zeitgeist internals untouched.
We already have a SoC student doing lots of good work in bringing Zeitgeist
to KDE.
Please tell us what you think.
Cheers
Seif