[Nepomuk] Re: [kde-runtime] nepomuk/services/strigi: Removed some notifications: don't annoy users with nepomuk suspended/resumed messages every time they are running on battery.

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Fri May 6 14:35:53 CEST 2011

I see your point and agree that the perfect solution would be to
completely hide from the user. That is what we did in the beginning and
then people complained (and filed bug reports) that they did not know
what was going on. So until we can really hide in terms of resource
usage or a better solution than the notifications come along this has to
stay an imperfect thing. Either way there is someone to complain.

Maybe if we integrated into the power profile configuration so users can
configure if indexing should be stopped during battery usage or not.
Then the whole thing would be more transparent and the notifications
could become unnecessary.