[Nepomuk] Re: incorrect search results after file modifications

Vishesh Handa handa.vish at gmail.com
Sun May 1 22:59:43 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM, john terragon <terragonjohn at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi Vishesh, thanks for the reply.
>
> Out of curiosity, assuming that max_user_watches is high enough, does
> nepomuk associate one inotify watch for each indexed file (all files, not
> just dirs)?

Nope. inotify is only for directories. We use an inotify watch for each
directory.

> Because, besides the missed updates, I noticed that when a file X update is
> reported strigi seems to scan recursively all the files in X's directory,
> not only X.
> Kind of like the filewatcher was only notified that some file in X's dir
> subtree has changed
> but not which one.
>
> Is this supposed to happen?

I just checked and yes the filewatcher tells Strigi to update the entire
folder. Strigi then goes through all the files in the folder and updates the
ones that have actually been modified.

I'll submit a patch tom so that it directly updates that particular file
instead of scanning the entire folded's contents ( not recursively, though )

--
Vishesh Handa