[Nepomuk] Re: [GSoC 2011] Project: Innovative new UI/Interaction Methods for telepathy using nepomuk

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 16:21:31 CEST 2011

Hi Rohan,

sharing with everyone my thoughts I wrote on IRC.

Overall, the proposal is good and has potential, but I see a possible flaw I'm
documenting below. I suggest you to try and define a timeline for your project
in order to evaluate your proposal better.

On Tuesday 29 March 2011 22:13:31 Rohan Garg wrote:
>  [snip]
>
> 1) Extend KDE Telepathy Logger
>
> I talked to Sebastian Trüg about this, and he would ideally like all the
> logs to be stored in nepomuk itself. Now two of the issues that came up
> with this implementation are :
> a) A user turns off nepomuk indexing on his system, that would disable
> logging, according to Sebastian, nepomuk should be made a mandatory service
> in KDE.

This is a non-issue, as I already told you

> [snip]
>
> 4) QML based Contact List widget in plasma

To be honest, this part seems a bit out of scope in respect to the rest of the
proposal, and can be seen as a "hey, add some meat" when evaluating it as a
whole. It could be nice to have something more nepomuk-related if you want to
work on Plasma, such as having a look at activities+telepathy.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B