[Nepomuk] sopranocmd export stdout

Ben Martin monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 23 00:55:10 CET 2011

Hi,
  I've been using sopranocmd to export an RDF database for archival
purposes. Unfortunately, you can get some rather large files using
export. Luckily, they compress really well too.

  I haven't been able to convince sopranocmd to export to stdout so I
can bzip2 compress its output without it hitting disk. Using "-" as the
file name creates a file called "-" and writes to it. And trying to be
trickier fails too, perhaps because the file is opened read/write?

$  sopranocmd --backend redland export /proc/self/fd/1
Could not open file for writing: /proc/self/fd/1

Thoughts || willingness to accept patches to make this work like above?