[Nepomuk] Re: First problems with query API

Ignacio Serantes kde at aynoa.net
Fri Mar 4 11:37:03 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org> wrote:

> On 03/03/2011 10:03 PM, Ignacio Serantes wrote:
>

> > 4) Batch testing and test substitution to test the same query with
>  > different terms. I'm doing this with a text file with all queries I want
> > to test and an python script but is far to be comfortably.
>
> Any ideas as to how the gui could look?

This is what I'm thinking:
1) A list of all current queries opened with and additional check box.
2) A grid with two columns: variable, value, and a method to do
a substitution in the query from "variable" to "value" if "variable" exists
in the query.
3) A button to launch the queries selected in 1), doing substitutions added
in 2), and displays and execution log with name, records and time. Something
like: Test #1, Name (values): ### records in #### seconds. This is a sample
output of my script (API, H1 and H2 are different approaches to the same
query):
[ Test #01, API (ha ji won)]:  1 results found in 13.7430510521 seconds
[ Test #02, H1  (ha ji won)]:  1 results found in   5.9266009330 seconds
[ Test #03, H2  (ha ji won)]:  1 results found in   6.1333980560 seconds
[ Test #04, API (mp3)]:  3376 results found in 11.4856290817 seconds
[ Test #05, H1  (mp3)]:  3376 results found in   5.4238460063 seconds
[ Test #06, H2  (mp3)]:  3376 results found in   5.2187600135 seconds
[ Test #07, API (music)]:  5405 results found in 12.1237440109 seconds
[ Test #08, H1  (music)]:  5405 results found in   6.2134339809 seconds
[ Test #09, H2  (music)]:  5405 results found in   6.1961300373 seconds

Maybe and aide to compare that result sets are exactly the same would be
useful but the number of records is good initially.

>  > by the way, syntax coloring and auto-completion are really cool :). As
> > you can see my requirements are very specific and probably outside the
> > scope of the Nepomuk Shell. But I confess you that even for other stuff
> > I prefer Ginkgo over Nepomuk Shell. I'm really comfortably with Ginkgo
> > interface and remembers my last session.
>
> Ginkgo is intended for the end user. Nepomukshell is intended for the
> developer as a testing and debugging shell.

That's the reason why are more comfortable with Ginkgo :).

 > Of course I would be happy to contribute whatever I can to Nepomuk, I
> > like very much some aspects of this project, and I really want that
> > works because I'm trying to using it for long time ago, but I'm not
> > interested in learn C/C++ and even less in develop in it. I never have
> > any pleasure writing C/C++ code and I'm doing this as a hobby in my free
> > time. With pleasure I will try to contribute with sparql knowledge, when
> > I have knowledge to share, or contributing with Python, Ruby, Lua or any
> > high level language you can imagine.
> >
> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Ignacio