[Nepomuk] Re: Presentation, queries and other stuff

Ignacio Serantes kde at aynoa.net
Wed Mar 2 11:57:05 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org> wrote:

> On 03/01/2011 03:29 PM, Ignacio Serantes wrote:
>
> There is no document describing the full database design yet. All we
> have so far is [1]. As soon as the data management service is done I
> plan to create such a document.

I imagine that :). I will study this document and I will try to learn.

> No stored procedures yet. There are still many Virtuoso features that
> need to be exploited. We have by far not reached the full potential here.

This is worrying because many problems can't be solved with brutal queries
with brutal inner joins. This stuff must be added if you want that nepomuk
db works with a limited amount of RAM and CPU.

> >     BTW: which version of KDE are you using here?
> >

> > openSUSE with Upstream release aka. KR46 (KDE SC 4.6) packages, but
> > three weeks ago I was using KDE 4.5 Upstream version.
> >

> http://en.opensuse.org/KDE_repositories#Upstream_release_aka._KR46_.28KDE_SC_4.6.29
>
> ok, so you do not have the final optimizations in the query API that
> went into 4.6.1 and git master.

The story of my life, I'm always be an step before a working nepomuk :). Can
you explain me a little bit how are this final optimizations?

> [1]
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Metadata/Nepomuk/DataLayout

Ignacio