[Nepomuk] Re: Presentation, queries and other stuff

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Wed Mar 2 09:55:51 CET 2011

On 03/01/2011 03:29 PM, Ignacio Serantes wrote:
>     The reason that it is a bit slower are additional tests that are done.
>     Your query will also return "hidden" resources like ontololy properties
>     and classes.
>

> Well yes, a "bit" :), I see API generated queries and I need to study
> them to learn because my approach is not the same yours. I need to
> improve my queries because I have a barely knowledge about how data is
> stored and this is bad, know things like nao#userVisible are mandatory.
> I look for a document about Nepomuk db structure but I don't found it.
> Is there one?. Db has stored procedures that can be used?

There is no document describing the full database design yet. All we
have so far is [1]. As soon as the data management service is done I
plan to create such a document.

No stored procedures yet. There are still many Virtuoso features that
need to be exploited. We have by far not reached the full potential here.

>     BTW: which version of KDE are you using here?
>

> openSUSE with Upstream release aka. KR46 (KDE SC 4.6) packages, but
> three weeks ago I was using KDE 4.5 Upstream version.
>
> http://en.opensuse.org/KDE_repositories#Upstream_release_aka._KR46_.28KDE_SC_4.6.29

ok, so you do not have the final optimizations in the query API that
went into 4.6.1 and git master.

[1]
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Metadata/Nepomuk/DataLayout