[Nepomuk] Re: Special Identifying Properties

Vishesh Handa handa.vish at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 12:56:48 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org> wrote:

> On 07/27/2011 11:42 PM, Vishesh Handa wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:46 AM, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org
> > <mailto:trueg at kde.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     How about another parameter instead which specifies these kind of
> >     properties in a list. Then a client can define what makes sense.
> >

> > That would increase the complexity of storeResources from a clients
> > point of view. But I suppose we should provide overloaded variants of
> > storeResources.
> >
> > The reason I want to specify this in the ontology is that I can't think
> > of a single use case where any of these properties would not be globally
> > identifying. Here is an idea : Maybe we could mark these properties as
> > InverseFunctionProperties ( inverse cardinality = 1 ), that way we know
> > for a fact that they are globally identifying.
>
> This does sound very reasonable.
> BUT: the email is NOT such a property. It is a common use case for
> families to share an email address. Still, they are different people.

Actually your use case did pop into my mind, and then it occurred to me that
a family email should not be added with nco:hasEmailAddress to the contact.

Semantically, I would think a family would be represented by a
nco:ContactGroup, and that contact group would collectively have one email
address. Unfortunately nco:hasEmailAddress has a range of nco:Role.

What do you think?

--
Vishesh Handa