[Nepomuk] Re: Need some advices about PIMO:Person

Sebastian Trueg trueg at kde.org
Wed Jul 20 14:13:12 CEST 2011

Hi Martin,

On 07/19/2011 07:46 PM, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a GSoC project which implements a proper PIMO:Person
> creation from PIM data. However I'm facing some issues about which I
> could use some advices.
>
> 1) How to set a photo for PIMO:Person?
> There may be several NCO:PersonContacts with their own photos, I can
> pick just one (or let the user choose), but what ontology etc. should I
> use to store the photo in?

I figured we already discussed that. The idea we had was to use
nao:prefSymbol and nao:Symbol. To that end I even improved the
documentation of the two[1].
There are basically 2 ways to do this (in general, for your case it will
probably always be the second one):
1. Use a freedesktop icon via nao:FreedesktopIcon and nao:iconName
2. Use double-typing by adding type nao:Symbol to a nfo:RasterImage
which is stored on disk (nfo:FileDataObject) or on the web
(nfo:RemoteDataObject or the upcoming nfo:WebResource[2]).

> 2) How to pick "the right data"?
> For example address. Imagine you have three NCO:PersonContacts as a
> grounding occurence in PIMO:Person and all three have different
> addresses. We must again choose one as the "main/default" address, but
> how should I write that into PIMO:Person? Same with emails, phones etc.
> Of course I can simply pick the address from the first NCO:PersonContact
> in the result set, but that may be the wrong one. What do you think?

IMHO use pimo:groundingOccurrence vs. pimo:occurrence. But maybe Leo can
shed some more light here since he created PIMO.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/ticket/107
[2] https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/ticket/105