[Nepomuk] Latency and file list

Rainer Dorsch ml at bokomoko.de
Sun Aug 7 20:49:39 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have a few quick  and very basic questions, for which I could not find
answers through google:

[if there is somewhere a howto/manual which answers these kind of questions
and I just did not find it, I would be very happy to get a reference to it, no
need to answer the questions, then]

What is the expected latency of a new file being added to the strigi index? And
if there is latency, why is inotify not used?

Can I get a list of files, which is in my strigi index? I am aware of
~/.kde/share/config/nepomukstrigirc but I would rather want to see a log or
index dump which confirms what really went in? Also is a way to determine how
much data from a certain part of the file system went into the index? This
would be useful for me to understand, where it is worth to finetune the search
patterns in ~/.kde/share/config/nepomukstrigirc ...

Are strigi and okular using the same search engines? I.e. if okular->find finds
a sting, should I expect nepomuk/strigi to find the same string? I have a
counterexample, but pdftotext was empty for that file, i.e. if strigi would use
pdftotext and not whatever okular uses, that would explain it...

Many thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch