[Nepomuk] Re: Troubleshooting Nepomuk in KDE-4.6.2 from OpenSuse

Peter Penz peter.penz19 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:41:05 CEST 2011

On Saturday 16 April 2011 09:19:29 jpo wrote:
> Hello all,
> I recently upgraded stock KDE-4.6.0 in OpenSUSE to 4.6.2. This worked
> basically fine, but now the Dolphin Filter area is grayed out.
>
> Things I checked:
> 1) Nepomuk is activated in the KDE System Settings
> 2) Strigi is activated  in the KDE System Settings and I see it indexing
>    files from time to time
> 3) Running "nepomukserver" from a terminal gives
>    "Nepomuk server already running."
>
> What else could I do to narrow the problem down?

Could you please check whether the folder, where the Filter Panel is shown for, is part of the indexed folders? You can check this in systemsettings -> Desktop Search.

Have you permanently turned on the Filter Panel or are you talking about the usecase when pressing "Find" (-> the Filter Panel gets shown only in the context of the finding)? A lot of things have been fixed already for 4.7.0 for both usecases but I could not backport those things to 4.6.x as the fixes implied some non-trivial adjustments of the code.

So in your case I'm very sure it is a Dolphin issue and not related to Nepomuk... It would be helpful to know for which of those 2 usecases the Filter Panel does not work so that I can double-check this in 4.7.

Thanks,
Peter