[Nepomuk] sequences

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Tue Sep 14 14:22:53 CEST 2010

If I understand correctly you want to store sentences as RDF literals.
Thus, something along the lines of:

<res> <xxx:hasSentence> "foo bar hello"@en
<res> <xxx:hasSentence> "The world is mine"@en

And you want to order them. IMHO this needs to be done by introducing
the necessary ontology entities. One could think of something like:

<res> <xxx:hasDocument> <doc1> .
<doc1> a xxx:Document .
<doc1> <xxx:hasSentence> <sen1> .
<doc1> <xxx:hasSentence> <sen2> .
<sen1> <xxx:hasText> "foo bar hello"@en .
<sen1> <xxx:sentenceIndex> 0 .
<sen2> <xxx:hasText> "The world is mine"@en .
<sen2> <xxx:sentenceIndex> 1 .

It is of course complex - maybe someone else can come up with a less
complicated approach?
BTW: I am pretty sure someone already wrote an ontology for documents.
So all we have to do is look for that and make is Nepomukish. :)

Another approach is to store both: the sentences and the full doc.