[Nepomuk] Re: nepomuk & gnome & firefox

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Wed Nov 17 14:03:04 CET 2010

On 11/16/2010 06:40 PM, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 7:11 AM, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org> wrote:
>> The solution is simply what I said: we support the tracker API and
>> that's it. The other way around is not possible anyway.
> OK, how would you like to support the tracker API? I'm still not clear
> on what you are saying.
>
> One way would be to write a Tracker backend for Soprano 2.x which
> would support a subset of the Virtuoso backend's functionality.

For me this is all way too low level. The API I am talking about is much
higher in the stack. I do not want app developers to handle data on the
triple/quadruple level. I rather want one API that provides nice methods
for all our data needs.
I do not know yet how this API will look like but it will neither be
Soprano nor will it be QtSparql.