[Nepomuk] Nepomuk & Gnome

Bruce Adams tortoise_74 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 20:52:41 CET 2010

Hi,
     Apologies for losing the thread, I made the mistake of subscribing to the
digest to start with.
So to summarise. There is currently no common interface for accessing meta data
accross
KDE/Nepomuk & Gnome boundaries. I imagine the case is even worse if you add
windows & mozilla.
Looks like I might have to write one that meets my intermediate needs.
If its any good I'll send it back this way for review.
It was mentioned that there's a developer shortage here. Is there a good idea of
what would be
done in this sort of direction (i.e. towards a universal & multi-platform
interface) if more people were available?

I have limited time at the moment but I might be able to help on a few things.
Is there anything that
particularly needs attention or that you might want a new comer to test their
mettle on?

Regards,

Bruce.