[Nepomuk] nepomuk & gnome & firefox

Bruce Adams tortoise_74 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 02:35:48 CET 2010

Hi,
    I've been redirected here from the nepomuk-eclipse mailing list where I was
originally
looking for information on the firefox extension that uses nepomuk. It seems to
have fallen out of maintenance.
Does anyone know anything about it?

My other question concerns integration of nepomuk with gnome. Gnome has xesame
which seems a few steps
behind nepomuk. Is gnome likely to adopt nepomuk or go its own way? There is an
old launch pad item about
adding nepomuk integration here, but its no more than a suggestion.

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/item/12507/

Where I'm coming from is that I would like to create an application with support
for tagging files but I would like it to
work with both gnome and kde natively. Okay, you can run a nepomuk server and
still use gnome but it is not quite
the same. Do I need to write a platform independent wrapper library?
I'm also wondering about tagging web pages via firefox.

I'm sure this is old ground. Perhaps someone could direct me towards some more
recent information?

Regards,

Bruce.