[Nepomuk] Bugs, Patches and Scripts. - StrigiService & KInotify

Vishesh Handa handa.vish at gmail.com
Tue May 11 01:08:44 CEST 2010

Hi Sebastian

How to block signals:
> 1. Use QObject::blockSignals()

Didn't work! :-( I've seen the disconnect/reconnect approach being used
successfully as well. There must be something special about this case. I'll
check it out tom.

* There is no real need to optimize the folder list in the filewatch
> service. StrigiServiceConfig already does that before giving the list to
> the IndexScheduler

I thought it's better to optimize it once before saving it rather than
optimize it every time while loading. Anyway, I've removed the optimization
code. It's now redundant.

> * I think we need a better name than "restart". Maybe "ignore last
> config change" or something like that.

I've changed it to "ignore changes". Is that okay?

> * Any chance the config handling in IndexScheduler could be moved to
> StrigiServiceConfig? Just so config handling is restricted to the one
> class.

Done.

> * Now for the only critical use case: imagine filewatch changes the
> config, then the kcm changes the folders, and only then strigi gets to
> the config. I am not sure if that can even happen but if so strigi would
> ignore the new config. But I suppose this is very unlikely to happen or
> even impossible.

The probability of this happening is very low. However I've edited KCM to
make sure it doesn't occur.

I've modified the patch to remove auto adding of sub folders to indexed list
as that is what everyone wanted. (I don't!)

- Vishesh Handa