[Nepomuk] NMM: Representing music file, that contains several tracks.

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Sun May 2 20:06:43 CEST 2010

On Sunday 02 May 2010 19:53:30 Roman Evstifeev wrote:
> Imagine a pretty long DJ-mix, represented on filesystem as one big
> file(mp3, for ex.) with corresponding CUE-file. CUE describes several
> tracks, that appears on that mix, their start position inside a file,
> length, title...
>
> How this can be represented in Nepomuk, assuming that user should be
> able to assign tags and ratings to distinct tracks inside this mix?
>
> I can imagine this would be something like this. but not sure:
>
> nepomuk:/res/mixfile
>       a nfo:FileDataObject .
>       nie:url
>          file:///home/mix.mp3 .
>       nie:interpretedAs
>          nepomuk:/res/mix .
>
> nepomuk:/res/mix
>       a nmm:MusicPiece .
>       nie:isStoredAs
>          nepomuk:/res/mixfile
>       nie:hasLogicalPart
>          nepomuk:/res/mix-track1
>       nie:hasLogicalPart
>          nepomuk:/res/mix-track2
>
> nepomuk:/res/mix-track1
>       a nmm:MusicPiece .
>       nie:isLogicalPartOf
>          nepomuk:/res/mix .
>

> Am i right to represent the mix and it's tracks as nmm:MusicPiece's ?
> Am i right to use nie:hasLogicalPart property to relate them?
> How should i repersent a start position of the track inside the mix?
> should i create a new property?

This is closely related to http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/ticket/66. I
hope I'll post something useful there soon.

The mix is perhaps better represented as nfo:Media, nmo:Album, but not
MusicPiece. while individual tracks should be logical parts of the album and
parts of the nfo:Media mix. However, there's nothing terribly wrong with the
mix also being a MusicPiece.

--
Evgeny