[Nepomuk] Nepomuk::Query::QueryServiceClient::syncQuery in a KIO::SlaveBase

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 16:49:31 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to run a nepomuk query in a KIO::SlaveBase, but my query
hangs on:
  "QueryServiceClient::syncQuery(const Query& query, bool *ok = 0)"
and my kioslave uses 100% cpu.

I initialized ResourceManager (using
Nepomuk::ResourceManager::instance()->init()) and checked if
QueryServiceClient is available (using
Nepomuk::Query::QueryServiceClient::serviceAvailable())

Executing the same query using nepomukcmd or other programs using Query
API doesn't cause any problem. Nepomuk is running with no problems.
When I execute the query from the kio slave it just prints the sparql
query that is supposed to be executed and the queryservice also creates
a new query object in dbus.

I also tried using syncSparqlQuery but it still hangs.

Am I missing some initialization or something else?
Or maybe it can be something related to KIO::SlaveBase?
I'm starting the slave using "slave.dispatchLoop()" like I found in the
kioslave hello world example. Maybe in a KIO::SlaveBase I'm not in a
main loop or something similar?

Regards,
 Daniele