[Nepomuk] Nepomuk facets

Alessandro Sivieri alessandro.sivieri at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 12:23:21 CEST 2010

2010/6/21 Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org>

> The thing is that I would like the make the facet stuff public API for
> KDE 4.6. That is why I am picking on it and being a pita. :P

:D
Then I can search a different term for "Term", but "Facet" must retain its
name, which is its academia name :)

> Do you actually want to create different representations for different
> types of facets. The only exception I can see is the rating. But that
> could easily be filtered out and added as a separate gui element.

Well, currently my answer should be "yes" (looking at Sembrowser), but
actually is "no": in the Web world, faceted browsing does not use different
representations for facets, it uses a uniform one, so in the end I am for
uniform representation also here :)
The only thing I am objecting here is that a model should support only one
facet (or one facetgroup, following your name), because I really don't know
if it makes sense to show more than one facet in the same UI. Even if you
use the same representation (say, a listview), then each listview should
have its model instance, and each model instance should have one facet, and
each facet n terms.

--
Sivieri Alessandro
alessandro.sivieri at gmail.com