[Nepomuk] Plasma Media Center - semantic desktop advices

Alessandro Diaferia alediaferia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 12:02:03 CEST 2010

Hello list,
you probably have heard about Plasma Media Center (PMC).

I would need some advice from regarding media type files handling.
Little briefing: PMC allows different browsing backends to be inserted in
order
to allow different kind of file browsing, This leads to giving the chance to
the user to both
browse among his local files or among e.g. videos from youtube, pictures
from picasa and so on...

Regarding the local file browsing we need to do something like:
the user selects the folder PMC should search for media files, a database is
created with such files
and later the application will always show such files categorized and what
not. In addition to this
we'd like to separate pictures, videos and audio files. Later one backend
for each type (music, picture and video)
will make use of such databases in order to allow the user browse through
them.

Now your help: what's the best way for doing this from the Nepomuk point of
view?
I hope my explanation was clear enough. Of course just ask for any
clarification.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards
--