[Nepomuk] Issues with non persistent filesystems/mounts and Nepomuk

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Jun 4 13:25:36 CEST 2010

On Friday 4 June 2010 13:11:40 Daniel Winter wrote:
> 2010/6/4 Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org>:
> > Just adding some info there, we're actually broadening the focus of
> > libsolid, that's in the plans for the 4.6 platform. As such libsolid
> > will start reporting the NFS and smb mounts which are declared in your
> > fstab.
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to report all? Also the one not in fstab? So
> solid would report every mount and unmount event even if not in fstab?
> (Maybe by polling the source, which "mount" is using when showing all
> mounts, every few seconds?)

Sorry, when I say fstab I often mean *and* mtab. Which qualifies for what
you're asking. Although I've to admit it'll be of limited use for purely "gui
driven" users as they'd need to play with the command line to realize such a
mount at that point.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net