[Nepomuk] Handling filex:/ urls

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 18:30:47 CEST 2010

On Thursday 08 July 2010 18:59:32 Andrew Lake wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> A fellow developer working with me on Bangarang encountered a
> situation where all his media resources on a FAT32 partition started
> showing up with filex:/ urls.  The partition is mounted, and as far as
> he can tell has always been mounted.  Bangarang currently retrieves
> the url via SPARQL using the nie:url resource property.
>
> How would I go about accessing the normal file:/ url to allow the app
> to play the media?

I think the current filex:/ approach is not optimal.  How about making a KIO
slave that would process urls like "media:/$uuid or $label/path/file" and using
such urls directly?

No conversions, no mess, apps don't have to be aware they're handling
removable media, kio can politely ask to insert the SD card or a CD.

This way you still can keep the regular file:// urls although technically these
too can be replaced by media:/ kio.

--
Evgeny