[Nepomuk] [nepomuk-kde] No results in searches

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Jan 20 02:02:55 CET 2010

On Tuesday 12 January 2010 13:35:46 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> > Can anyone give me pointers how to debug this, or what the possible cause
> >
> >  for the lack of search results is?
>
> What I always need for debugging is the output of the Nepomuk system. To
> get it you could shutdown nepomuk by killing (term or quit) nepomukserver
> and than restarting it by:
>
> nepomukserver 2> file
>
> Then recreate the situation and send file.

I've actually got it to work for a while, but at some point it stops. I managed to
catch a backtrace (attached). The nepomukserver log is also attached. I'm using
virtuoso 5.0.12 and qt 4.6 from git.

I'm not sure what actually triggered the crash, though. After the crash, it seems
that I also need to kill virtuoso, otherwise I won't get any search results. It
doesn't seem to pick up the connection to the running virtuoso.

Something else that struck me is that files opened from searching for example in
Dolphin doesn't point them to the right location. Sometimes the file doesn't open
(maybe a temporary url?). It looks like this:

The file or folder nepomuksearch:/hastag:KDE/nepomuk_3A_2Fres_2F42d135f8-6ff9-48a6-
b722-98ba6439accd does not exist.

Opening files from the search dialog works, although it doesn't point to the original
location when saving files.

sebas