[Nepomuk] [nepomuk-kde] No results in searches

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Tue Jan 12 13:35:46 CET 2010

Please use nepomuk at kde.org in the future!

Now for the questions:

On Saturday 09 January 2010 19:17:01 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> I've Nepomuk set up on my machine, using the virtuoso backend and sources
>  from KDE's trunk, last updated right before tagging the RC1. I've setup
>  Nepomuk to index parts of my file system. It reports an index size of 33.3
>  MB, which seems all fine so far. The number of files indexed stays at
>  "Calculating..." (see screenshot) forever.

Hm, works here...

> I'm using virtuoso-opensource-5.0.12 on a kubuntu karmic install with trunk
> installed. I'm seeing the same problem with beta 2 packages and the
>  virtuoso from Riddell's personal archive (on another machine), so it
>  doesn't seem to be a local problem.
>
> The problem is that I don't get any hits, however. The timeline:/ produces
>  folders for all dates, but they're all empty. "nepomuksearch:/?hastag=KDE"

This is an invalid URL. It needs to read:
nepomuksearch:/hastag=KDE or nepomuksearch:/?query=hastag=KDE

>  doesn't produce any results, while I've tagged some files with "KDE", the
>  search in Dolphin also doesn't find anything, no matter what I search for.
>
> I'm currently writing an article about Nepomuk, so it would be really handy
>  to have it actually working ;)
>
> Can anyone give me pointers how to debug this, or what the possible cause
>  for the lack of search results is?

What I always need for debugging is the output of the Nepomuk system. To get
it you could shutdown nepomuk by killing (term or quit) nepomukserver and than
restarting it by:

nepomukserver 2> file

Then recreate the situation and send file.