[Nepomuk] Kopete chat logs, Akonadi and nepomuk

kaushik roideuniverse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 21:18:59 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 23 February 2010 14:02:32 kaushik wrote:
> > Hi everybody :)
> >
> > Last year in Gsoc 2009 I worked on modifying the history plugin of kopete
> > and making it save its chat logs in akonadi. After that due to academic
> > pressure i was quite on and off in terms of contribution to kde. Now I am
> > in my final semester of engineering , and good thing about final semester
> > is that i have to officially do a project.
> > In this project I am supposed towork as a team, so i have some of my
> > classmates joining in towards  kde development. \o/
> >
> > The idea that i suggested to my friends are
> > 1)we use the akonadi agent to feed kopete chats into nepomuk, and improve
> > searching through chat logs, i read about some of the kmail work at
> > http://thomasmcguire.wordpress.com/
> > I wonder i can do the same thing with kopete.
> > Which also include improving on the kopete's history plugins gui, which
> > looks a kinds old.
>
> nice.
>
> > 2)adding gui to the telepathy watcher application i made last year(which
> > logs text chats done over telepathy text channel into akonadi) , for
> search
> > through chats
>
> but if you let Akonadi put the char logs into Nepomuk, what do you need
> another search app for?

We were like thinking of making a small minimal gui kind of thing which
displays the search result, but i think krunner is already doing that job.

> > 3)creating a small plasma application that can search through mails as
> well
> > as chats.
> >

> > Looking forward to some suggestions :)
>
> This sounds like a good plan and I would be happy to co-mentor it. :)

Thanks, I am looking forward to it, and i will catchup with you on irc. : -
)

My friends very new to open source(like i was, before i started) and
linux/kde stuff, so I am trying to help then out with building kde,
explaining them akonadi and stuff. I guess once they are ready, we will be
able to kick start this. :)

--
Greetings,
KDE Developer