[Nepomuk] About files and nie:url

Alessandro Sivieri alessandro.sivieri at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 13:33:41 CET 2010

Hi all,

I am getting back to code after a whole month of exams here at the
university, and I have a couple of questions about some new things that came
up in Nepomuk (or, at least, that I have discovered today):

   - now files seem to have the structure filex://some-id/file/path in
   nie:url (at least if indexed by Strigi), so I have to change the regexp in
   Sembrowser: is this correct? Does this always happen now?
   - if I want to associate, for example, tags in a (python) script, I used
   to create a Nepomuk::Resource, passing a full file path as argument of its
   constructor, and then call setTags; now, if I do this, nie:url is again
   file:// (as before), and it becomes a different resource from the one
   indexed by Strigi (which has filex://): how can I get the resource given a
   file path?
   - and last: if I create a Nepomuk::Tag, passing the label to the
   constructor, it is set as the nao:identifier but not as nao:prefLabel:
   shouldn't it be associated, too? Or should I do it "by hand"?

--
Sivieri Alessandro
alessandro.sivieri at gmail.com
http://www.chimera-bellerofonte.eu/