[Nepomuk] Issue with removing resources

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 5 19:45:53 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem with Nepomuk::Resource. The context is this:

I have a query, using queryserviceclient (in this case, for all PIMO:Person).
I also have a QList<PersonObject> where PersonObject is a class
encapsulating a Nepomuk::Resource referencing a PIMO:Person.

Whenever the queryserviceclient query emits it's newEntries() signal,
a new PersonObject is created using that Resource and appended to the
list.

This is all fine so far.

However, when the queryserviceclient query emits entriesRemoved(), I
iterate over the list of PersonObjects, getting the Nepomuk::Resource
from each one and comparing its uri with the one from
entriesRemoved().

This would be fine too, except that if the resource concerned has been
removed altogether from the Nepomuk database, the Nepomuk::Resource
instance for it in my list has magically had its uri property set to
""

This means that when doing the comparison, it never matches.

Is this a bug? If not, can anyone suggest how I should be doing this instead?

--
George Goldberg