[Nepomuk] ontology related advice request

Laura Dragan aprilush at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 18:04:08 CEST 2009

> You could instead provide a GUI. You know the already standard Ctrl+B to make
> text bold, Ctrl+I to make text itallic. It's just as easy as surrounding some
> text with asterisks.

I have the GUI and shortcuts in place, but everything is nicely stored
as HTML by the QTextEdit, so I don't really want to make it more
complicated than it has to be.

> sopranocmd export is a good commandline tool to backup all user-generated
> content. Not only notes, but also tags etc. It's better than backing up the
> RDF store file itself.

I know, I use sopranocmd for a lot of things when testing and not only ..

> It would be so much better if someone wrote a GUI frontend for this, because
> it's very useful for other data/apps as well.

I promised a while back that I would do a backup service
(NepomukService) but I never got around to do it. There are a lot of
things to consider, especially regarding the decision on what to
backup .. We should discuss this at the workshop, maybe we can
actually get it done :)

[...]

> Yes. But we should ask Leo first. He might really hate us for not using PIMO
> stuff for this :)

:)

>> New questions:
>>
>> 1. Should I use nie:InformationElement directly, or would
>> nfo:HtmlDocument make a better type, although there is no actual
>> DataObject for it?
>
> Using an InformationElement without a DataObject is perfectly fine.
> nfo:HtmlDocument is a good candidate.
>
>> 2. Should I create a ticket for adding the nie:htmlContent property in
>>  Trac? It would be super-property of nmo:htmlMessageContent.
>
> Yes, this makes sense.

Done.
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/ticket/50

Laura