[Nepomuk] Dolphin, nepomuk, trash:/

Sebastian Trueg trueg at kde.org
Thu Nov 19 10:37:51 CET 2009

Actually the reality at the moment is less nice: Nepomuk has a service
(filewatchservice) which listens to KIO events for updating the
metadata. Thus, whenever Dolphin moves a file or deletes it the service
can update the data. The issue with the trash is a bug from that point
of view as we do not make a distinction between info element and data
object in KDE yet.
I suspect that the trash protocol does not emit the KDirNotifiy signals
for trash:/ urls. Maybe we should put that in KDE 4.4...

Anyone up for patching kdelibs? I suspect it is in the trash kio slave.