[Nepomuk] Threads and nepomuk

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 19:23:12 CET 2009

So I'm trying to write to the data store in a separate thread to prevent ui blocking in my main thread.

Whenever I try to write to the data store (update/remove a property, add a resource, add/remove a type) it sometimes causes blocking in the main thread.  It's mostly barely noticeable when it's just one or two occasional writes.  But if I have a large number of consecutive writes to do, the main thread occasionally gets blocked.

If I remove the lines of code that do the writing - no blocking.  Reading from the data store works perfectly - no blocking of any sort in the main thread.  The main thread has the Nepomuk::ResourceManager::instance()->init() call.  Could this have anything to do with it?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,
Andrew (Jamboarder) Lake