ring-kde unstable uscan needed

Scarlett Clark sgclarkkde at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:58:59 BST 2018

Hello!
Is there a way to use uscan on unstable for this one job? The way I got
everything to work is some uscan fun.
If you look at my watch file and copyright:
https://packaging.neon.kde.org/extras/ring-kde.git/tree/debian/watch
https://packaging.neon.kde.org/extras/ring-kde.git/tree/debian/copyright

I have uscan bring in ring-kde and two "components" - as second and third
sources being libringqt and ring itself. We only use the dbus xml and a
handful of headers from ring, so I used the undocumented "feature" of uscan
and put in Files-Excluded in the copyright so that uscan then repacks ring
with only the needed files. Then dpkg-source does the right thing with the
components and unpacks them in the build directory and it will build. I
don't see how to accomplish this in the unstable git world.
Thoughts?
Scarlett