[neon] kstars move and epoch

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sun Jan 14 15:19:12 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 12:57:06AM +0100, Scarlett Clark wrote:
> Hello,
> Recently kstars moved to their own release schedule away from applications.
> With this move they changed version numbers.. 2.9.0 from a much higher
> application version..
> The application version already had a 4: epoch... so the way I understand
> epochs, I need a higher epoch for it to be effective. I tried 5:2.9.0 and I get
> this failure:
>
> https://build.neon.kde.org/job/xenial_stable_applications_kstars_src/116/
> console
>
> Am I misunderstanding something? Thanks,

Yes that's right, chatting with Debian people everyone agreed an epoch bump is needed so 5: it is.  We have a check to make sure that doesn't happen accidently so you need to ssh into drax and rm the file in the workspace which tracks the version number.  It should also be moved from applications to kde-extras although this risks job-updating not picking it up like it hasn't for the other moved bits recently, and it'll get stuck on ksysthing that I have there in which case it can be removed temporarily to unstick it.

Jonathan