Duplicate Repos

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Thu Sep 7 09:42:44 UTC 2017

For future reference: I entirely trust you to be able to look at two
repositories and at least determine whether A is derived from B or B
derived from A and which of the two is newer.

I've now had a look at all As and Bs and actioned all of them.

Where there is a clear repo ancestry I've dropped the old thing and
symlinked to the new thing instead (when I say dropped I mean I moved
them to deduplication-wastebin/ in case they need recovering).
Where there is no ancestry I've moved the repo which is not active
(due to not being released upstream) to the attic in case someone
needs them still.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Scarlett Clark <sgclarkkde at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, resend - buggered up email first round.
>
> Hi all,
> We have several duplicate repos. If anyone could shed some light on which
> repo should be
> used, and possibly remove the duplicate?
>
> 'plasma-nm' has more than one repository. It appears at
> [kde-extras/plasma-nm plasma/plasma-nm].

# Not derived but clearly replaced, moving extras to attic, symlinking

> 'sddm-kcm' has more than one repository. It appears at [kde-std/sddm-kcm
> plasma/sddm-kcm].

# The std repo was only ever used by Kubuntu. dropping

> 'prison' has more than one repository. It appears at [frameworks/prison
> krap/prison].

# Derived, dropping krap, symlinking

> 'muon' has more than one repository. It appears at [forks/muon
> kde-extras/muon plasma/muon].

# Muon was in extras, then moved to plasma, now needs moving back to extras.
# Derived, pulled in branch from extras into plasma repo, moved, symlinking

> 'meta-kde-telepathy' has more than one repository. It appears at
> [applications/meta-kde-telepathy
> kde-extras/kde-telepathy/meta-kde-telepathy].

See KTP below.

> 'libmm-qt' has more than one repository. It appears at [kde-extras/libmm-qt
> plasma/libmm-qt].

# Not derived, moving extras to attic, symlinking

> 'libkscreen' has more than one repository. It appears at
> [kde-extras/libkscreen plasma/libkscreen].

# Not derived, moving extras to attic, symlinking

> 'kscreen' has more than one repository. It appears at [kde-extras/kscreen
> plasma/kscreen].

# Derived, dropping extras, symlinking

> 'kirigami' has more than one repository. It appears at [frameworks/kirigami
> kde-extras/kirigami].

# Derived, dropping extras, symlinking

> 'kfilemetadata' has more than one repository. It appears at
> [frameworks/kfilemetadata kde-sc/kfilemetadata plasma/kfilemetadata].

# Derived, dropping plasma, symlinking. Leaving kde-sc where it is.

> 'kde-gtk-config' has more than one repository. It appears at
> [kde-extras/kde-gtk-config plasma/kde-gtk-config].

# Derived, dropping extras, symlinking

> 'ktp-text-ui' has more than one repository. It appears at
> [applications/ktp-text-ui kde-extras/kde-telepathy/ktp-text-ui].
>

> Repeat for the entire ktp stack. Though whether ktp is still alive is
> another question.

It would have been really cool had you listed all the repos because
this only affects the actual kt-* packages, not the qt part of the
stack.

# All of KTP is partially derived, moving to attic as to not lose anything of
# value, symlinking from applications

In addition to the above, I've also dealt with [kde-extras/bluedevil
plasma/bluedevil]

# Derived dropping extras, symlinking

And with [frameworks/attica krap/attica]

# Not Derived, moving krap to attic, symlinking

HS