KDE neon installation/liveCD - X not starting

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Mon Dec 18 09:10:28 UTC 2017

Le 16/12/2017 à 19:40, d.steinberger at gmx.de a écrit :
> apt install xserver-xorg-video-intel
> might be "reinstall" if already present

Hi,

After some fiddling, I finally figured it out. Detailed blog post here:

https://blog.microlinux.fr/neon-optiplex/

The KDE neon installer wouldn't start on this kind of hardware, because
the xserver-xorg-video-intel driver is missing. So I installed Ubuntu
Server 16.04 (minimal) and then went along from there. On a side note,
here's your missing documentation to turn a minimal Ubuntu installation
into a vanilla KDE neon desktop.

I don't know if there's a way to sort this out in the installer DVD. I'm
running a little Linux-based IT company in South France, and I can only
tell you that this type of hardware - especially this type of video card
- is very common, especially in schools, public libraries,
administrations etc. So supporting it in the installer would be nice.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr