new merge order, watcher now uses hidden tars

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Dec 9 19:06:02 UTC 2016

With Neon User LTS Edition now out we have a new merge order

Neon/release-lts -> Neon/release -> Neon/stable -> Neon/unstable

so generally you'll want to commit to Neon/release-lts instead of Neon/release

watcher has also been updated to commit to Neon/release-lts except for
Plasma where it still commits to Neon/release so it doesn't update the
LTS edition (which needs an exception for plasma 5.8.5 coming at the
end of this month.)

Also in news watcher will now use a nifty ssh proxy from Harald to
look for tars which aren't yet public, so e.g. I've got KDE
Frameworjks 5.29 building now even though it's not out until tomorrow.
This means you need to ensure when running snapshot that you're not
releasing anything which needs to be kept hidden. e.g. don't run
watchers on Applications because that currently has a pre-release
version up which isn't released until Thursday.

Also when running snapshot you'll probably also want to snapshot-lts

Happy weekend

Jonathan